Sunday 17 March 2013

The Water Challenge


Challenge 1: I want to share with others what I have learned




I realise that I don't always make a conscious effort to teach others what I have learned. So I taught a group of friends how to make origami cranes over supper. What I loved is that as more people came to join, the people I taught first started passing the skill onto the others. Thus the skill to carve a simple piece of paper into a beautiful bird soon spread rapidly.

With origami, wherever you are - be it waiting for a bus or sitting on a train, you can teach a stranger sitting next to you how to do it. It's a great way to start talking to somebody, especially if you don't speak the same language. When making origami birds as part of a group it becomes a meditation, with everyone concentrating on making something, but all together. There are limitless things you can do with a piece of paper and a group of people!


Challenge 2: I try to communicate even when I don’t speak other languages



Language is a way of speaking. Language is also what is not spoken, and multiple ways of expressing ones self. I wanted to explore the ways of communicating beyond merely speaking. Something I have found is that some things transcend language barriers: for example music, touch and food. But another recent discovery that is a universal way of communicating is bubbles.
Bubbles are magic. I went to the park over the weekend and made giant bubbles. All who passed stopped and either watched them, played with them, or asked to have a go, leaving happier than they had been before. There is something about it that brings you back to being a kid again.


Challenge 3: I am ready for action



This weekend I made the commitment to travel to Brazil this autumn via sail boat - I booked my place on the boat. I have wanted to do this for years, to return to Brazil via 'slow travel', saving carbon emissions which is better for the environment, and today, having found the boat and crew, I put my name down to join the voyage. This feels like a big step in making my dream become a reality and taking action to achieve this.


2 comments:

  1. Dear Biz Bliss !
    Greetings from India, I offer myself to you as a friend and hope we connect and are there for each other during the game of Warriors without Weapons :)
    I am Kanika Jamdar from India and I am ready to PLAY! But what can one person do without any support? On days when I am low and feel like I can't go on, I would need a push, on days when I am full of energy and zeal, I would need a cheer, on days when I am thoughtful, I would need your ear!
    I believe that we all together can create a better world, full of truth, commitment, love and harmony. I believe you want this as much as me, I believe in you, do you believe in me?
    I am excited, joyful, a bundle of nerves,
    I want to evoke, evolve and dream a dream of change and make it manifest!
    I would be humbled if you could go through my blog for GSA2014 http://kanikagsa2014.blogspot.in/ and if your heart calls out to mine and you feel from your heart do show your support, please don't shy away! Please send in a recommendation to gsa2014@institutoelos.org with my name and help me live this dream!
    I only have till the 20th so please spare some precious time and take a few minutes to connect with me!
    Thankyou, gracias, love and hugs
    Kanika Jamdar

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Future Warrior,

    I'm Priscilla Pereira of Sao Paulo - Brazil. And like you I'm walking the path of yes. I come to invite you to visit my blog and http://priscillagsa2014.blogspot.com.br/ understand why I want to join the Warriors Without Weapons!

    This is my dream, I need to feel the wonderful feeling of the bonds of affection, smile on everyone's faces when we come and we hope to grow the dreams in the hearts of our fellows. I want to participate in this wonderful transformation that GSA does not as a matter of curriculum, but by my realization as a human being.

    If you friend, I think you deserve to participate can then recommend me in email gsa2014@institutoelos.org

    As I also have to recommend someone, so I would love to meet you and exchange ideas and values. You can find me on facebook as Priscilla Pereira (Guarujá) and email priscilla.ps08 @ hotmail.com.

    thank you
    until more

    ReplyDelete